Landlords - letting your property
White and Hayward let all types of property from studio apartments to large detached houses for Landlords in all types of different circumstances whether they be the home owner, working overseas or an investor, so we understand how important it is that the property is well cared for.
We shall act as an intermediary between yourself and the tenant, dealing with any problems, repair/maintenance issues etc. which may arise during the term of the tenancy.
White and Hayward offer 3 levels of service being Tenant Finder, Tenant Finder and Rent Collection or a Full Management service. Whichever one you choose, we shall find you the very best tenant for your property through a comprehensive vetting service. Our services include:
- Free ‘no obligation’ rental appraisal and advice.
- Regular advertising in the local press.
- Extensive on line marketing via the major Internet property portals.
- Large database of prospective tenants.
- All viewings accompanied unless instructed otherwise by our clients.
- Honest and prompt feedback after viewings.
- Team members who are assigned to specific properties for continuity of service – we consider customer service to be paramount.
- Comprehensive referencing including employer, bank, previous landlord, credit and identity checks.
- Tenancy Agreements drawn up on your behalf.
- Independent inventory service.
- Checking of tenants into the property.
- Utility companies advised about new occupants and given meter readings.
- Security deposits registered with a Government Registered Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Download our certificate here.
- Landlord insurance available.
- All on a ‘No Let, No Fee’ basis.
All 3 levels of service (starting at 7.2% inclusive of VAT) include all of the above plus the following:
Tenant Finder Only
- Payment of 1st months rent by Internet Transfer
Tenant Finder and Rent Collection
- Collection and payment of rent to landlord by an immediate Internet Transfer on a monthly basis
- Arranging professional cleaning
- Management of general repairs and maintenance
- Reporting to landlord with regular property inspections
- Reputable contractors for maintenance and advice on refurbishment
We are accredited with Safeagent
Fees for Landlords
- Let Only: 7.2% inclusive of VAT
- Tenant Finder and Rent Collection: 9% inclusive of VAT
- Full Management: 14.4% inclusive of VAT
- Administrative Fee at start of Tenancy with new tenants: £360.00 inclusive of VAT
- Withdrawing the property from the market, after the proposed terms of the tenancy have been confirmed in writing, providing that tenant references are satisfactory: £300.00 inclusive of VAT
Check In and Inventory Make
- Studio or 1 bedroom flats: £174.00
- 1 bedroom house or 1-2 bedroom flat: £186.00
- 2 bedroom houses: £198.00
- 3 bedroom houses: £210.00
- 4 bedroom houses: £234.00
- 5 bedroom houses: £252.00
Studio or 1 bedroom flats: £150.00
1 bedroom house or 1-2 bedroom flat: £162.00
2 bedroom houses: £168.00
3 bedroom houses: £192.00
4 bedroom houses: £216.00
5 bedroom houses: £240.00
(All prices on Inventory Fees are inclusive of VAT)
- Non-essential official documents requested by Landlord £30.00 inclusive of VAT
- Tax Calculations if required, according to accountant’s fees prevailing at the time and the complexity of the work involved.
- Major works over £1000.00 including insurance claims. 10% inclusive of VAT of the total cost of the work.
- Property visits connected with Insurance Claims (per visit) £72.00 inclusive of VAT
- End of Tenancy Disputes which are referred to the Tenancy Deposit Scheme £120.00 inclusive of VAT.
- Refurbishment of property, by negotiation.
- We do not charge any additional fees for general day to day repairs and maintenance of your property where you have a Full Management Service (other than as specified above).
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
Under current legislation, there is a requirement for properties being marketed for sale or to rent, to have an EPC available, for prospective purchasers/tenants to view.
The EPC must be commissioned within 7 days of registering your property for sale or to rent. (Because the 7 day rule applies to all properties, there is an additional allowance of up to 21 days to obtain the EPC, although it is likely that the extra 21 days to will only be used for complex buildings which require extra time).
Should an EPC not be available after the 28 days, the property must not be advertised until an EPC has been obtained and can be included in the marketing details.
An EPC report is valid for 10 years.
White and Hayward can recommend and instruct a qualified assessor to visit your property and carry out a report for you at very competitive rates.
Please telephone the branch and ask for current prices.