Tenants - renting a property
Once we have found you a suitable property and agreed a move in date, the following steps will be taken to ensure that your move is as stress free as possible:
- You will be asked to pay a small holding deposit which will allow us to remove the property from the market and reserve it specifically for you. (The holding deposit will be deducted from the main security deposit that you will be asked to pay just before move day).
- References sought will include bank, previous landlord (unless you are renting for the first time), current employer and a credit check. You will also be required to provide a Drivers License or Passport, proof of current address and bank statements to confirm your identity.
- A tenancy application form will need to be completed on line.
- Once references have been received, White and Hayward will draw up a STA (Shorthold Tenancy Agreement) for both you and the landlord to sign. You will then be asked to pay your first month’s rent, plus a security deposit (normally 1.5 months rent) less the holding deposit already paid.
- The security deposit will be held in a Government Registered Tenancy Deposit Scheme and you will be provided with a certificate. The security deposit is returned to you at the end of the tenancy assuming that the property is left in the same condition as when you moved in, subject to normal wear and tear.
- On occupation day we shall meet you at the property to hand over keys, go through the Inventory, take meter readings and answer any further questions you may have.
Our aim at White and Hayward is to provide a fast, efficient and friendly service. We will assist you in every aspect of your move and will always be on hand with any problems which you might have.
We are accredited with NALS
For a stress free experience please contact us.
Fees for Tenants
- Reservation Fee £300.00 per property (Deducted from rental due balance)
- Check in Fee including references £125.00 per adult (over 18) inclusive of VAT
- Security Deposit - One and half times the monthly rent.
- Pet Deposit - Half the monthly rent in addition to the security deposit as outline above.
- Tenancy Renewal fee £65.00 inclusive of VAT per property.
- Studio, 1/2/3 bedroom flats: £132.00
- 1/2 bedroom houses: £144.00
- 3 bedroom houses: £156.00
- 4 bedroom houses: £180.00
- 5 bedroom houses: £204.00
(All prices on Check Out are inclusive of VAT)
- Requests for non-essential official documents or office copies £30.00
- Letters for tenants relating to references etc £12.00
- 2nd and subsequent overdue rental payment letter to tenants £12.00
- Change of tenant including referencing £200.00
- Early release fee £120.00.
- End of Tenancy Disputes which are referred to Tenancy Deposit Scheme £120.00.
(All prices are inclusive of VAT)
- Monthly payment of rent on the due date by standing order (we do not accept cash)
- Utility bills including council tax, gas, electricity, water, telephone and internet
- Television licence
- Contents Insurance for your personal items
- Professional cleaning at check out
- Damage over and above wear and tear
- Stamp Duty Land Tax on rent that is more than £125,000 cumulatively.